Sunday, August 17, 2014

Spiritual Art

Since being hospitalised in March 2013 (after numerous issues, including brain-haemorrhage) I haven't been able to draw anywhere near as well as I did in the past. So I gave up - for a while anyways! I do love to draw, however, and have been doing it since I can remember!

Sacred Heart of Jesus
Spiritual pictures is something I have come to enjoy drawing, since I found God again nearly a decade ago. To me, I see it as a form of prayer. Praying doesn't have to be words - it's about communicating with God - so as I spend my minutes, hours, weeks or months even drawing a nice spiritual sort of image, I am really communicating with God. Which is why I decided, even though I may not be as good as I once was at drawing, if I enjoy it and it leads me to talk to God, I should continue to do it.

Funnily enough, as I draw one of my many spiritual pictures, I seem to be quite happy with the end result, as though my drawing skills have returned - sometimes improved. Trying to draw something else, something secular so to speak, is another story. It's like the Holy Spirit is making me draw these images, helping me improve, but only so long as its something that I would call a "prayerful piece".

These are a few pieces I have made in the past couple of months. Not the best quality as they are photographs as opposed to scanned-in images due to lack of owning a scanner at the moment... but you get the idea!
Immaculate Mary



Symbolic Sacred Heart of Jesus

Queen of Heaven



No comments:

Post a Comment